Implemented on: 29 October 2019
News in mluvii
1) Even more secure passwords to access the application
We take security seriously in mluvii, so we also focused on login password conditions. In addition to Two Factor Authentication, you can now set individual conditions in the app that a password must meet. You can set the minimum and maximum number of characters, symbols, numbers, and the lowercase or uppercase letters that the password must contain. It is also possible to set the period after which the password must be changed and whether previous passwords can be used to change it. If you’d like to change your password settings, please contact us via chat or at email@example.com. We’ll be happy to help you set it up.
2) Display SLA status information for e-mails
To ensure that you don’t miss a single e-mail from your customers, you will now clearly see the time remaining until the end of the SLA in the overview of the assigned e-mails. If the e-mail message expires in less than an hour, the e-mail line will turn yellow. If the value is exceeded, the color changes to red. At the same time, operators will see how much time is left to expire or when the SLA for that email has expired.
3) Distinguishing between agent and chatbot sessions
Are your customers also served by chatbots? And do you want to have a quick overview of how they are doing compared to their human colleagues? Then we have good news for you. We have added a new column called Chatbot to the Sessions table, where you can filter out the session by the name of the chatbot who was handling the session. And if you haven’t worked with our bots yet, but would like to know more about them, check out the section on our website.
4) Download attachments from the session using the REST API
Based on your requirements, we have expanded REST API support with the ability to download attachments from individual sessions. You can certainly use this functionality if clients send you documents that you further work with in other systems during the session. You can learn more in our documentation.
Minor changes in the app:
- Forms and Hero Cards variables are now differentiated into Preset, System, and User. ATTENTION! Changing system variables can affect the correct operation of the system.
- Preset files that are used when replying to an e-mail conversation are newly divided into a clear tree structure.
- We fixed the display of personal data from the entry form in the Client Information section of the agent interface. The error occurred if it was a new client.
- We fixed an issue where a user with Agent permissions couldn’t see an overview of notes from agents in the Sessions table.
- We fixed the display of shared files for clients in Internet Explorer.
- If the “Open Chat” rule for a hidden button is used, the chat will now open.